Finally after much experimenting I have come up with a quick and easy recipe for energy balls I like. My usual go to shop bought ones are the Naked Bars but I really wanted to make some of my own, customised to what I like. These ones have gone down a treat since I made them.
Ingredients Energy Balls:
- 1 cup of Cashew nuts
- 1/2 cap of salted Peanuts
- 4 tablespoons of Chia seeds
- 8 tablespoons of desiccated Coconut
- 2 tablespoons of Vanilla extract
- 600 grams of Date Paste (made from dates and vegetable oil)
- Extra desiccated Coconut
- Blitz the cashew nuts and the peanuts together in a food processor.
- Add the Chia seeds, desiccated Coconut and Vanilla extract, blitz again.
- Add the Date Paste 200 grams at a time, blitzing each until mixed with the nuts etc.
- When fully blitzed the mix will be pliable enough to stick together when you press it into a ball in your hands.
- Pour the extra desiccated Coconut onto a plate.
- I like my energy balls to be biggish so usually take enough mix to fit in the centre of the palm of my hand.
- Roll the mixture into a ball in your hands and then cover with the extra desiccated Coconut.
- Place on a plate and leave to cool in a fridge.
- Mixture will make 16 Energy Balls.